What is POLi?
POLi is the online payment option that allows you to use your internet banking facility to safely pay for goods and services purchased online.
In simple terms, POLi helps you to make an internet banking payment to Dacxi in a secure way and ensures that you get all the payment details right. It does not capture, store or disclose any of your sensitive details (including account numbers and internet banking login or passwords).
Why choose POLi?
POLi is a great alternative for people without credit cards, or for those who have them - but would prefer not to use them to shop online. When you use POLi to complete your purchase everything is done within the security of your online banking facility and at no time are you required to disclose your personal banking details to any third party, (including POLi).
Who can use POLi?
Anyone who can make payments within an Australian internet banking facility.
How does POLi work?
- Choose to pay with internet banking/POLi
- Select your bank and follow the prompts to ensure you have installed the POLi web browser (you only have to do this once)
- Complete your payment within your internet banking facility
Which banks support POLi?
Australian Banks which support POLi include:
- Bank of Melbourne *
- BankSA *
- Bendigo Bank
- Commonwealth Bank
- Great Southern Bank
- IMB Building Society
- ME Bank
- Newcastle Permanent
- People's Choice Credit Union
- St. George Bank *
- Westpac *
* Westpac Banking Corporation recently made a decision to prohibit transactions to merchants operating under some categories, including Bitcoin, Online Gaming, and Foreign Exchange. Some POLi merchants will be impacted and will not be able to process payments through Westpac. Customers are encouraged to pay from an alternate banking institution or choose another payment method.
Is there any cost for using POLi?
There is no cost to make payments using POLi, although your bank may apply fees for electronic funds transfers.
Is POLi secure?
During a POLi transaction, no one can access or see any of the details displayed by your Internet banking site (eg account numbers and internet banking login or passwords). This information remains secure within your bank’s environment. It is important to remember that when using POLi, you only ever exchange sensitive information directly with your bank. In this sense, POLi is unlike other online payment methods, such as online credit card transactions where your information is passed via a series of third parties.
The POLi web browser (the gateway used to navigate to your internet banking facility), provides some of the most advanced security features available on the internet.
POLi is available for Australian customers up to the amount of $1,500. Payments over $1,500 need to be sent via normal bank transfer.
This allows instant buy options for customers using POLipay as payments are received by us immediately avoiding bank transfer times.