I got a new phone, and I still have my old phone.
- On your new phone, install the Google Authenticator app.
- In the app, tap Get Started.
- At the bottom, tap Import existing accounts?.
- On your old phone, create a QR code:
- In the Authenticator app, tap More Transfer accounts Export accounts.
- Select which accounts you want to transfer to your new phone, and then tap Next.
- If you transfer multiple accounts, your old phone may create more than one QR code.
- On your new phone, tap Scan QR code.
- After you scan your QR codes, you get a confirmation that your Google Authenticator accounts have been transferred.
Tip: If your camera can’t scan the QR code, it may be that there’s too much info. Try to export again with fewer accounts.
I got a new phone, and don't have my old phone anymore
We recommend you:
- Sign out of the lost or stolen phone.
- Change your Google Account password.
You have several ways you can get back into your account, depending on your circumstances.
Use backup options
- Another phone signed in to your Google Account.
- Another phone number you’ve added in the 2-Step Verification section of your Google Account.
- A backup code you previously saved.
- A security key you’ve added in the 2-Step Verification section of your Google Account.
Sign in from a trusted device
If you are having any other troubles with 2FA, please submit a request detailing the problem and remember to include any relevant screenshots.