The Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) adds a second layer of security to your Dacxi Exchange account. If an attacker manages to acquire your email address and password, your account will still be protected.
To enable the Google 2FA, where the 6 digit code is shown via the Google Authenticator app, instead of SMS, follow the steps below.
1. Find the Account page on the left corner menu:
2. Choose the Security option and enable the 2FA.
3. Follow the steps.
4. Write down the backup code - note that you will not be able to copy and paste. This is to ensure that you have stored it.
5. Download the Google Authenticator app and follow the instructions:
Follow these instructions to set up 2FA:
- Download the Google Authenticator app on your mobile device.
- Open the app, then scan the QR code.
- Enter the numerical passcode from the Google Authenticator app to complete the setup process.
IMPORTANT: Write down your backup code and store it somewhere safe. If you lose the mobile device that has your two-factor authenticator app, you’ll have to inform us the backup code to restore access to your account. Every time you deactivate and reactivate 2FA a new backup code will be generated.
Now your 2FA has been set up. Next time you log in to your Dacxi Exchange account you will be prompted to enter the code sent to you by SMS or the Google Authenticator code. You can see how to log in, here.